According to the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), your children ages 4 to 12 should have annual health and developmental evaluations. Dr. Matney, a board-certified child development specialist, provides comprehensive evaluations of all aspects of your child’s health, nutrition, growth and childhood development.
Additionally, his comprehensive pediatric services, developmental assessments and medical treatments include:
- Acute and chronic infections (ear, throat, sinus, lungs, etc.)
- Allergy treatment and asthma management and control
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD and ADHD) diagnosis and treatment
- Autism and autistic spectrum disorder (ASD)
- Child development problems
- Developmental disability, developmental delay, and learning disabilities
- Digestive problems (constipation, diarrhea, chronic abdominal pain, etc.)
- Immunizations for children and child vaccinations (shots for kids)
- Nutritional guidance and childhood obesity prevention and treatment
- Preventive healthcare and regular checkups
- Skin conditions and skin rashes
- School physicals, sports physicals, and camp physicals
- Sports injuries (sprained ankles, fractures, lacerations, head injuries and concussion, etc.)
For most school age children, yearly checkups may be sufficient. If your child has any problems or needs from those listed above, Dr. Matney may recommend more frequent visits.